KBS Direct White Paper: No Upfront Fees or Commissions: A Better Option for RIAs?
Authored by Lewis G. Feldman
President of KBS Direct
Find out how the Fiduciary Rule is impacting RIAs, despite being postponed until 2019, and resulting in a greater degree of transparency in the industry.
- The Fiduciary Rule requires a greater level of transparency and potentially impacts investors’ decisions, as they consider whether there is a load or fee attached to an investment.
- Sales of no-load investments have been increasing in popularity, while the fees of those that carry a load have been in a steady decline.
- Most clients would opt to stay with their financial advisor, even if they are provided with detailed information about fee schedules.
- To ensure that advisors are adequately compensated for their work, there is a need to place greater emphasis on the value of their services, combined with the performance of the funds.
- Adopting transparency and clear communication can create business opportunities for advisors that aren’t dependent on whether client invest in no-load options, but rather emphasize the value of a personalized relationship.
We invite you to visit KBSDirect to learn more about us.